Surrounded by darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsehwere- the Hellfire Club

:: The Hellfire Club.::

:: The underground sup levels and tunnel networks::

:: Brenda Castle soon awakens, finding herself seated in a chair and is suitably restrained beyond any means SHE might have to escape.::

:: The room she's in is cool, dark and seemingly featureless.::

:: She remembers her mother going missing. finding her father inexplicably in the clutches of a woman in white. Malice. PAIN. Unconsciousness.::

:: But where is she? Where's Rich? Where are her PARENTS?::

:: Any answer she might get comes in the form of the WHITE QUEEN, who saunters into the room. A spotlight beams down on her as she stands before Brenda.::

How nice. You've finally awakened from our earlier meeting.

:: She leans in. Smiling like a wicked cheshire cat.::

:: Brenda is a pretty, young girl. Filled with vast psychic power potential. Malice will happily shape and mold her into her own personal hand maiden, her assassin. Her WHITE PRINCESS.::

Now I suppose you're wondering where you are. Where you're parents are...or your handsome young companion, Richard Martin.

:: she slowly walks, circling Brenda, running her hand through Brenda's hair. Her high heels make the only other sound in the dark room aside from Brenda's own heart beat & raging thoughts. Malice leans down, her face now beside Brenda's. Her cold aura washes over Brenda::

Your father never knew such ecstasy and pleasure...until He arrived in MY domain this evening. I believe that even if he had a choice...he'd NEVER want to leave. For all your concern for him? He has all but FORGOTTEN you...leaving you more than ripe for the taking....posession by ME.

:: Malice noticeably did not offer an opening comment on Marilyn or Richard. She stands back upright and walks around to face Brenda again, Standing before her. Looming over her.::

:: She can sense Brenda's emotions, a whirlwind of feelings ranging from concern and wonder to fear and even rage. ::
 
It's cold in here, and dark. Dark enough that Brenda can't decided if she's awake or if the inky blackness is some kind subconscious awareness. What's happening? Where is she?

Then the woman from the party appears and brings the memories crashing back.

Malice: How nice, you've finally awakened from our earlier meeting.

"That wasn't a meeting, that was a hostile takeover."

She replies, pulling at her restraints to no avail. Malice circles Brenda and even plays with her hair, sending a bitter chill down Brenda's back. A cold aura washes over her as Malice leans in, making her shiver.

Malice: Now I suppose you're wondering where you are. Where you're parents are...or your handsome young companion, Richard Martin.

"You read my mind."

She deadpans. Despite all the warning bells, and the total creep factor of this lady, it isn't lost on Brenda that this woman is the only other telepath she's come across. Under different circumstances, Brenda would have been asking so many questions, eager to learn from a more experienced telepath. As it was, however, Malice was taunting her about her father, provoking Brenda's anger. She scowled in response.

"That wasn't HIM! You messed with his mind! I could tell you influenced his thoughts. You aren't the only one who can do that, you know."
 
Hellfire mansion

A "hostile take over"...

:: she walks over to the left and picks up a chair, bringing it back over and placing it down so that she can sit before Brenda. As she seats herself, she crosses her long, smooth legs at the knee. The spotlight has mysteriously snapped off and now the woman's form is partially enshrouded in shadow, save her striking opal blue eyes and her legs and high heels reaching out from the shadow.::

hmmm yes i suppose you might call it that. but you see....you really WERE being rather rude and agressive and I simply couldn't have that. Especially not from the girl who is to become my HAND MAIDEN.

Brenda said:
Despite all the warning bells, and the total creep factor of this lady, it isn't lost on Brenda that this woman is the only other telepath she's come across. Under different circumstances, Brenda would have been asking so many questions, eager to learn from a more experienced telepath. As it was, however, Malice was taunting her about her father, provoking Brenda's anger. She scowled in response.

"That wasn't HIM! You messed with his mind! I could tell you influenced his thoughts. You aren't the only one who can do that, you know."


:: She continues to study Brenda, who struggles in vain in her chair. She doesnt say anything for a few moments.::

Indeed you are possessed of incredible telepathic power. But you are also UNSKILLED in the ways of a telepath. Your paltry psychic tricks are no match for ME on your BEST day...as you learned EARLIER.

:: Diana leans back in her chair, steepling her index fingers under her chin::

What delightful, inventive, WICKED thoughts you have right now. Beneath the pretty exterior of the flower....there lies the blackest soul adorned with thorns. Molding you into my personal agent should be far easier than I thought.

And as for your father? There is far more MALICE in his soul than you OR dear sweet Marilyn would have dared suspect.

:: Diana brings forth a small device and presses a button on it. a beam of blue light shines down in another area of the dark room to reveal Marilyn Castle floating in nutrient rich liquid inside a large stasis tube.::

Men like him are EASY to read...and ultimately titilate. They are SO USED to having their way.

:: standing up, she turns around to face Brenda once more and like a grim model from "Let's make a deal" she gestures as another area of the room is illuminated by the same cold blue lighting to show Vincent laying on a large bed, shockingly dressed in black leather S&M gear.::

For men like Vincent Castle...there are no limits. Not as THEY see it. And so they want...they need...they CRAVE for someone to take them places they never imagined they could go. They craved to be CONTROLLED. Your father...the man you looked up to all your young life...who owned all he saw...is now OWNED...CONTROLLED by ME. ALL of you are.

Isn't that nice?

:: she walks slowly among them, knowing that Brenda's widened eyes are following her every move.::

You grew up believing that your family was among the most powerfull in New York and indeed they are. But there is ALWAYS going to be someone MORE powerful. and now...YOU have met that person.

:: Malice didn't need to state the obvious.::

Your parents JUMPED at the chance to visit the Hellfire Club. Why wouldn't they? This IS the ultimate in what they quaintly call "high society." They couldn't BELIEVE that THEY, being of the pedigree that they are, had been OVERLOOKED for so long.

:: Closing in on Brenda::

BUT until Marilyn bore YOU, there was no REASON we NEEDED them here. The Hellfire Club has no need of their presence or their money. We have PLENTY in the way of power and wealth and we use it quite well.

:: But Malice does not reveal any connection between the Hellfire Club and Mystech.::

But YOU ...

:: suddenly grasping Brenda's face by her cheeks and turning into her DIAMOND FORM. Brenda can FEEL the cold, HARD touch of Malice's diamond hand. The site of her suddenly turning into this diamond form was definitely bizarre for the young mutant.::

Were something all together different.

Once I became aware of your existence, It was quite obvious that you were the perfect choice to serve on my White Court. I've been watching you for QUITE some time, my dear and I've been reaching out to your parents on levels they would NEVER be aware of.

Subterfuge really wasn't necessary either. Floating the idea of Hellfire membership to your parents was all it took and if during the process they resisted....they'd be ELIMINATED. Powerful & prominent as they are? Believe me when I tell you I can make them DISAPPEAR and NO ONE would question it.

<<FLASH>>
Oracle said:
<< A montage of Senator Robert Kelly. Sharon Kelly. Morgan Victoria. Blaze Fielding. Haleigh Davidoff. Alison Marble. Cameron King. Alexis Quartermaine and many other victims of The White Queen and MYSTECH.>>

You see them here....before you now. Marilyn is alive. Merely in suspended animation. Vincent is in a stupor brought on by wanton pleasure beyond his wildest dreams...made possible by ME.

How long they REMAIN alive and relatively unharmed depends on YOU my dear.

Though you are a novice, your strength of will and emotional fortitude make up for your lack of skill in some ways. I KNOW you "willed" Richard Martin to escape. There's NO WAY he should've been able to recover from my psycho blast- though it was not a lethal one. YOU gave him the mental buffer to collect himself enough to miraculously escape the Hellfire Mansion.

I'd applaud your effort...

:: Malice pushes Brenda's face back and then BACK HANDS her with her diamond hand.::

But that was NOT what I wanted.

Richard Martin has a purpose to serve as well and now...I'll have to waste time getting him BACK. AND I'll have to make sure YOU don't act out of turn like THAT again.

I suggest that you understand NOW rather than later, that resistance...disobience will result in PAIN for you and considerably WORSE consequences for your parents.

:: she's now standing before her again, with her hands on her hips, looking down at the mutant.::
 
The agent was lucky that Bishop wasn’t set as he rounded the corner, which allowed him to evade his shot. He wasn’t so lucky with the second bullet.

Bishop turned as MorningStar blasted one of the other agents out of commission, then blinded the other. Both were down for the count. He shoved his gun back into the holster at his back and began picking tech off the bodies – all of it could be useful to them in the future.

Richard Martin said:
So...I guess you guys know who Mystech REALLY is?

Bishop laughed, in his own gruff and cold way.

“Yeah, we know.”
 
“You should lie back down – you aren’t well.”

[to Bishop]

“Guard the door – make sure there aren’t any more of them. And check on Alycia.”

Bishop nodded to her, and Delilah wheeled closer to the hospital bed to speak with the boy. She folded her hands neatly into her lap.

“My name is Delilah Trelaven. I’m a friend of the woman who hit you – Alycia. We were here to see her when we saw the Mystech goons from the hallway. I know you’re a mutant – and obviously now you know that I am one too. They are after you?”
 
“You should lie back down – you aren’t well.”

[to Bishop]

“Guard the door – make sure there aren’t any more of them. And check on Alycia.”

I'll stand ma'am, no disrespect. I'm a bit jumpy for a bed right now.

Rich's tone was respectful but resolute; he had no plans to stay there any longer than it took to strip one of those guys and get dressed.

He watched her as she wheeled closer to speak with him, stopping his search of the guard closest to him in size to do so. She had done him a good turn and felt he owed it to her to hear her out, but he didn't trust a SOUL just yet.

“My name is Delilah Trelaven. I’m a friend of the woman who hit you – Alycia. We were here to see her when we saw the Mystech goons from the hallway. I know you’re a mutant – and obviously now you know that I am one too. They are after you?”

Yes ma'am...nearly killed me in a setup at a Hellfire Club party.

He had no idea why he was telling her everything...but something inside him wanted it all said just in case he did not live to go back for Brenda. He wanted someone to know what happened. He faced her full on and spoke evenly as he dressed in the man's t-shirt, pants and boots, his slight Southern drawl coming through as he spoke.

Had a friend named Brenda...Brenda Castle. Rich as God, pretty, came from a rich family. We met at a Siryn party a couple of days ago, after the party was when Mystech came for her the first time...THAT time a flying lady killed EVERYBODY and left her in a pile of bodies like this one. We hung out until the next day when we compared notes. Some "White Queen" who was connected to a "Hellfire Club" some way apparently wanted her BAD. Her parents and her got invited to some big party and I was her 'date', so as to watch her back. Next thing we know, some pasty-white old lady dressed like a pornstar seduces her dad, her mom goes missing, and she is using telepathic powers to kick both our asses. Brenda is a telepath, but the old lady is much stronger and places her under some control. She couldn't do it to me, but she COULD kill me, and if I had not broke out and killed my way to the street, she would have. She wants me for some Super Soldier Program or something. Said I was a perfect specimen, like I was just MEAT to her. I rolled out, promised Brenda I would come for her, and killed like 30 of these motherfuckers before I staggered into the street and almost got hit by a car. I end up here, and you just saved my ass. Thanks by the way. Now I need to figure out how to help her before it is too late.

By now Rich was dressed and as he tried to walk to the door, he fell to one knee. Without enough energy, he could not heal himself and his skin turned a pale color. As Delilah and Connor came to his aid, he said three words as he struggled there on the floor.

Need. To. Eat.
 
Malice: A "hostile take over"... hmmm yes i suppose you might call it that. but you see....you really WERE being rather rude and agressive and I simply couldn't have that. Especially not from the girl who is to become my HAND MAIDEN. Indeed you are possessed of incredible telepathic power. But you are also UNSKILLED in the ways of a telepath. Your paltry psychic tricks are no match for ME on your BEST day...as you learned EARLIER.

"Well, I had to try..... how could I respect myself if I didn't try?"

Malice: And as for your father? There is far more MALICE in his soul than you OR dear sweet Marilyn would have dared suspect.

"You're lying."

She responded, with narrowed eyes. She refused to believe that about her own father. True, she may have only seen the thoughts at the surface of his mind, but many YEARS of his thoughts had given her a solid picture of his soul. She did not doubt that Malice had manipulated him. Malice revealed Brenda's mother, suspended in a tube of liquid, and Brenda felt a shot through her heart at the sight.

"What did you DO to her?!?"

She asked, horrified, as Malice then reveals her father, wearing some kinky leather outfit, looking like he was onset for Pulp Fiction. Malice started going on about how her father secretly wanted to be controlled, and how she controlled all of them and was more powerful than they were and how they jumped at the chance to attend Hellfire.... and the worst part was that Malice was exploiting them because of BRENDA. Malice got REALLY close and suddenly grabbed a hold of Brenda's face.

OMG, she's going to KISS ME?!?!? You've got to be KIDDING ME!

But then Malice does something altogether more surprising: she turns into some kind of diamond form of herself. Her hands are cold and hard and the light refracts off her body in weird ways and Brenda can't stop herself from being amazed.

Malice: Once I became aware of your existence, It was quite obvious that you were the perfect choice to serve on my White Court. I've been watching you for QUITE some time, my dear and I've been reaching out to your parents on levels they would NEVER be aware of. Subterfuge really wasn't necessary either. Floating the idea of Hellfire membership to your parents was all it took and if during the process they resisted....they'd be ELIMINATED. Powerful & prominent as they are? Believe me when I tell you I can make them DISAPPEAR and NO ONE would question it.

Brenda did believe Malice.... this lady was, without a doubt, certifiably insane.... and if she wanted to do something, she'd do it, and there was SURELY no one powerful enough to make her answer for it.

Malice: You see them here....before you now. Marilyn is alive. Merely in suspended animation. Vincent is in a stupor brought on by wanton pleasure beyond his wildest dreams...made possible by ME. How long they REMAIN alive and relatively unharmed depends on YOU my dear.

Brenda looked from her dad back to her mom, with a sinking feeling in her chest. Even if she COULD break free and somehow escape from Malice, her parents were still trapped. As long as Malice had her parents, Brenda knew Malice had the upper hand. There was no way Brenda could live with sacrificing her own parents.

Malice recognized that Brenda had willed Rich to escape, and BACKHANDED her for it. Brenda felt like she had whiplash in her neck, and her cheekbone was throbbing, but she didn't make a sound. After a second with her head turned and down, she looked back up at Malice, seething. Her irises lit up, glowing electric blue, brimming with a psychoblast. At this range, she could blow a hole in the side of a brick wall, and her anger was fuel on the fire.

Malice: I suggest that you understand NOW rather than later, that resistance...disobience will result in PAIN for you and considerably WORSE consequences for your parents.

Her eyes began to dim, as she got herself back under control. She took a deep breath, and then another, keeping eye contact.

"I.... I understand. I'll do whatever you want. Just don't hurt them."

Subordination felt gross, but Brenda didn't really have a choice. There was no way she could get herself out of this, and if Rich was foolhardy enough to come back, there was no way HE could help either. Not when Malice had her parents.
 
Richard Martin said:
Yes ma'am...nearly killed me in a setup at a Hellfire Club party.

Hmmm…Hellfire Club…

Richard Martin said:
THAT time a flying lady killed EVERYBODY and left her in a pile of bodies like this one.

Connor had returned from checking next door, and they exchanged a look. Silver Swan.

Richard Martin said:
Now I need to figure out how to help her before it is too late.

She spoke to him calmly, even as he was moving to leave the room.

“You’re not the only mutants that MysTech has targeted recently…but you are in no condition to go after your friend right now.”

The boy didn’t stop but then suddenly collapsed halfway to the door. He didn’t look good.

“Connor!”

She spoke the command urgently, and Connor was at the boy’s side. She looked down at him as he murmured.

Richard Martin said:
Need. To. Eat.
 
It seemed the boy was a Mystech target all his own. He gave him points for trying to get out of there under his own power. But it was clear the kid wouldn’t get far. When the kid’s legs buckled from under him, enough was enough. Connor scooped the boy up and carried him into the next room, while Delilah followed. He placed him on the empty bed in Alycia’s room.

Moving out into the hallway, he looked up and down the hall. Startled workers were everywhere. He quickly located a tower of hospital trays. He pushed the tower cart back to Alycia’s room, and roughly put the bed table across where the kid was. Connor began taking the covers off plates and setting them onto the table.

“Eat.”

He looked up at the others.

“People out there are getting mighty curious.”
 
Delilah in the meantime had her portable console for the War Room computer out. She ran “Hellfire Club” and “White Queen” through Clandestine, Inc.’s database but got nothing.

Connor had returned quickly with food for the mystery kid, and Delilah nodded.

“Clandestine officers are on their way and will provide security for Alycia – she’s way too sick to leave the hospital. But Bishop’s right – the rest of us need to get out of here before we attract even more attention. The surveillance feeds are scrambled but there are plenty of eyes out there. ”

She moved closer to Sharon.

“The kid says there’s a girl – I believe you met her a few nights ago in an alley. A telepath. She’s been taken hostage by something called the Hellfire Club. I remember Karen once telling me that her husband was a member of it – and was having an affair with someone there. It must be tied to MysTech. We need to regroup and find a way to help the girl.”
 
and so

<< For Ana-Leigh, Alycia's words about "coinciden" and "moment of discovery" from much earlier in the day now rang so clear in her head. She kept staring at Silver Swan, who despite the dramatic difference in appearence, seemed to resemble/REMIND her of someone...SIRYN. Still, THAT was too wild a coincidence for her to consider just yet.>>

<< Another moment came when Bishop carried a young man into Alycia's room. It was Richard Martin, Ana-Leigh's fellow "spotlight dancer". HE was the boy who unintentionally caused Alycia's accident and now, as she listened to Delilah speak, she knew HE was a mutant as well! Richard, now eating, saw Ana-Leigh among the group and now realized he was among friendly faces. He ALSO so the fearsome Silver Swan.>>


<< Delilah contacts Jennifer from Clandestine Inc and in no time at all, half a dozen Clandestine soldiers arrive to guard Alycia while she recovers as she is took sick to be moved from the hospital. The others though, need to return to Illustra.>>

<< Ana-Leigh whispers a "see you later" to Alycia and promises to check on her again soon. Delilah reassures her that Clandestine Inc will do an excellent job of protecting her & she knew this was true, as they had kept Karen safe from Christopher for all these years. She also quitely informs Bishop that she wants the hospital and Alycia's room monitored via their own surveilance system which will feed back to the War Room computers.>>

<< With that, MorningStar, Bishop, Silver Swan, Artemis and now Richard Martin return to Illustra.>>

<< Delilah may not have realized it yet but she'd just found her 4th member of the NEW Six. She may have struck out with Andrew but she achieved a major victory with Artemis and Silver Swan and now another one was close at hand.>>

<< But with a new arrival would come new uncertainties and a shocking revelation that even Delilah wouldn't be expecting. His homelessness. In some ways, he was alot like Sharon. Lost. A Survivor.>>

<< And with the mention of Hellfire, THAT would bring some intrigue as well, along with a vengeful reminder of someone's past. Someone near and dear to Delilah.>>
 
Rich was moved...fast...to another bed and before he could react all of the hospital food for the floor was before him. The hitman-looking dude made one order:


So Rich was off. He started by downing all of the honey as it was HIGH in calories. From there all of the fruit juice, then onto the actual food, most fattening first. He did all of this in a manner and in a time frame that would put food-eating contest winners to shame and Delilah and Connor HAD to notice yet, in a couple of minutes, his color had returned and he knew that he could speed his own healing now.

“Clandestine officers are on their way and will provide security for Alycia – she’s way too sick to leave the hospital. But Bishop’s right – the rest of us need to get out of here before we attract even more attention. The surveillance feeds are scrambled but there are plenty of eyes out there. ”

I am OK now...thanks again. We need to roll...I have a feeling that 5-O will be around soon enough.

Rich got back up, much more steady now. He was still eating a sandwich ravenously, but also ready for anything as he prepared to meet the rest of the group that had saved him. Then when SHE came in, his eyes widened.

The Asian Dreamgirl. Analee was it? Yeah..try Ana-Leigh. They met eyes for a second and the recognition kicked in and the realization as well...they were both MUTANTS! What were the odds that all three of the people onstage that night had powers?! Wow...just wow. Next came in a hot blonde chick wearing a metal one-piece and some mean-assed heels. Fine, but her manner screamed NOT TO BE FUCKED with. Besides, she was kinda older anyway. Not as old as the White Queen (who was?) but definitely older than Ana or Brenda, like Mom older. And so he nodded to her and kept quiet for now. no need to mess up a perfectly good escape-with-your-life because you could shut up, right?

He rolled out with the group after they arranged to watch over the pretty lady whose life he managed to fuck up when he staggered out into the street like an asshole. He felt like crawling under the seat as he thought about her laying there because of HIM. He resolved in the car ride to be out once they reached their destination. It was bad enough they saved his as after he messed their friend up, he would not also impose.

But Ana smiled at him and just started...TALKING. About Mystech, about Alycia (he apologized; she did not blame him), about Mystech and what it was capable of. She put him so much at ease that his earlier promise was soon forgotten. He wanted to hang out for at LEAST a bit longer...the conversation and the view was too good to pass up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Illustra- War Room floor

[ Sharon had acknowledged her encounter with Brenda the day before to Delilah. She'd been waiting to spring one of her deadly traps on the mystech goons but as it turned out, THEY were actually there for Brenda. When they tried to disregard Silver Swan as "secondary" she became even MORE enraged and killed them all so savagely.]

[ Brenda and Richard saw the carnage first hand AND unbeknownst to THEM ALL, Ana-Leigh, who was walking home from her fabulous night out at the Siryn event, stumbled upon the bodies as well and ran away, horrified.]

[ Richard and Ana-Leigh had recognized each other at the hospital. It made them both feel better about everything as their lives were changing before their very eyes and as they talked on the way back to Illustra and now there, they continued to talk. "Comparing notes" and getting a better view of the bigger picture that was forming for both of them. Eventually They both stared at Silver Swan, who had her back turned to them.]

[ For Richard, seeing this woman once again was quite bizarre. Neither one of them wanted to say the "wrong thing" lest she suddenly turn and attack them but Ana-Leigh saw the way Sharon helped them save Alycia. She believed the woman could be trusted.]

[ Still her stone soldier silence was a bit off putting.]

[ She was looking out of the panoramic window in the office suite where she, Ana-Leigh and Richard were. Out into the night time sky and cityscape.]

[ Suddenly she was no longer alone. She ALSO knew WHO she was. That ALONE was the greatest gift anyone could have given her at this point. But a restored sense of self did NOT lessen her desire for REVENGE or her tendency toward brutal violence as a means to an end.]

[ COULD she work WITH a "team?" Bishop felt she was perfect for it and even MorningStar was regarding her much more positively than before[ and vice versa] but SHE still didn't know how she felt about this...staying with them, even for the time being and working WITH them.]

[ Even NOW, she wanted to be OUT THERE, stalking and tracking down more mystech goons and killing them, destroying their property and whatever else she could.]

[ For all the progress she'd made in the past 24 hours, she still felt there was something MISSING. But what she didn't realize was that this was JUST where she needed to be. She didn't have to do this ALONE anymore and that if ANYONE could show her the benefit of team work and FRIENDSHIP, as well as the DANGER of trying to go at it ALONE, it was MorningStar.]

[ MorningStar and Bishop were in the War Room, discussing the events.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They were in an office suite of the damndest building he'd ever been in. The view was beautiful at night and they were there with Silver Swan. She was no apparent threat to them but Rich had seen what she COULD do, and so he was cautious. But he'd always been on teams and this LOOKED like a team (at least for the night), and so he decided to speak to the lady. He was respectful, but not really nervous, at least not for HIMSELF.

Hey, Ms. um- Swan. Thank you for helping me out back there. And for helping Brenda when they came for her the first time. If I can ever help you any way, you just let me know and I'm there.


It was a small start, but Rich would not, COULD not let the night go by without thanking the Silver Swan and letting her know he was there for her.
 
Illustra

[ She'd heard them talking. Even when they whispered she heard them. Richard didn't know about her superhuman hearing, although Ana-Leigh had guessed that must be part of her power from the way she'd spoken in the hospital.]

[ As the young man drew near, his breathing, his heart beat were elevated. He was nervous but those body functions of his that made their own "melody" were unique...naturally so.]

Rich said:
Hey, Ms. um- Swan.

My name is Sharon.

[ Now that she KNEW who she was...she wanted to be called by her name...at least behind closed doors with the only people who seemed to be concerned about her.]

But don't call me that in public.



Rich said:
Thank you for helping me out back there. And for helping Brenda when they came for her the first time.

I wasn't there for her!

[ She abruptly pointed out in a terse tone as she spun around to face him]


Rich said:
If I can ever help you any way, you just let me know and I'm there.

[ He was genuine. She detected that as well. He mentioned the girl, Brenda.]

....

I'm sorry...

I'm just...things have changed so much for me.

I'm sorry about your friend. I had actually been laying in wait for those goons. I lured them into a trap so i could KILL them and then SHE was there...waiting for someone.

It never occurred to me that THEY were actually after HER.

I'd been so USED to being ALONE that I didn't think about OTHERS out here...other mutants. Though I'm not a mutant...I'm a mutate.

She cried out with such fear. I...remember that feeling. I had it once....and so I killed them all. I was going to do THAT anyway but SHE needed my help.

After I killed them all...I left her there.

I shouldn't have.

But I wasn't...quite myself.

[ Rich would be surprised by her reaction. Clearly there was more to her than her fearsome appearence. No longer did she seem to be JUST a killer powerhouse. There was more to her story. Just like like HIS OWN.]

I don't even know if I should be HERE at this moment.

[ She turned away again, looking out of the panoramic window. She wraps her arms around herself as she stares at, through her refracted image in the window.]
 
She turned quick to face him, and her tone was very LOUD at first...but then she explained her situation.

I'm sorry...

I'm just...things have changed so much for me.

I'm sorry about your friend. I had actually been laying in wait for those goons. I lured them into a trap so i could KILL them and then SHE was there...waiting for someone.

It never occurred to me that THEY were actually after HER.

I'd been so USED to being ALONE that I didn't think about OTHERS out here...other mutants. Though I'm not a mutant...I'm a mutate.

She cried out with such fear. I...remember that feeling. I had it once....and so I killed them all. I was going to do THAT anyway but SHE needed my help.

After I killed them all...I left her there.

I shouldn't have.

But I wasn't...quite myself.

[ Rich would be surprised by her reaction. Clearly there was more to her than her fearsome appearence. No longer did she seem to be JUST a killer powerhouse. There was more to her story. Just like like HIS OWN.]

I don't even know if I should be HERE at this moment.

[ She turned away again, looking out of the panoramic window. She wraps her arms around herself as she stares at, through her refracted image in the window.]

Rich was touched by her openness, and her situation spoke to him. He stepped forward and put a hand on her shoulder for just a second, then pulled it away as he spoke again to her.

We ALL have crazy situations. Take me. I am also a mutate and I THINK I am or WAS a mutant TOO. I was swimming with friends when I was killed...dissolved by some chemicals from a Mystech plant that was feeding into there. I came back long after my own funeral...weeks later. The only good news is my death saved my friends and cleaned up the lake, but I can't go home. I can't go anywhere, nowhere TO go really...and even being here seems shitty to you guys because Alycia is in the hospital because of me. If anyone should just go it should be me. But YOU, you have people here for YOU. Don't throw that way. I only wish I had it. Maybe one day I will have it. I'll be around if you need me. I will check on you, all of you.


Rich turned and started to make his way out of the office, out of Illustra. He had a LOT on his mind and he felt guilty all over again about Alycia. Finally it was just hard for him to even contemplate staying here, in all of THIS. It was amazing and wonderful and he had NOT EARNED ONE BIT OF IT.
 
“…he mentioned the Hellfire Club, Connor. I know that was the organization Karen told me that Christopher belonged to, just before Morgan died. It can’t be a coincidence that these people AND MysTech are abducting mutants for research. We can’t afford to ignore this ‘White Queen’. ”

Connor: [turning away from one of the consoles] “There’s nothing here about ‘Hellfire Club’ or ‘White Queen’ and MysTech, just as you said. As far as Clandestine is concerned, the Hellfire Club is a social club for rich society bastards uptown.”

He stood and leaned against the counter, crossing his arms.

Connor: “While I hate to see us distracted from our objective, I agree that this is not something we can ignore. There are too many unknowns. I think you should talk to Karen about it.”

Delilah nodded, then sighed.

“It’s too late to do anything tonight – everyone is exhausted and none of us are in any shape to mount a rescue mission. We’ll come up with a plan tomorrow.”

She looked off into the distance.

“I just hope this girl can hold out until then.”

She looked back at Connor.

“We’ll get everyone settled in for the night, then I’ll talk to Karen.”

Delilah and Connor took the elevator down to the office floor where Ana-Leigh, Sharon and the new kid – who they now knew what named Richard – waited.

“We didn’t find anything useful on the Hellfire Club. I have a lead to chase down tonight, so I think all of you should get a good night’s rest and we’ll come up with a plan tomorrow on how to get Richard’s friend back.”

She looked at Sharon.

“That is, if you’re all still with us.”

Delilah turned her chair towards the newcomer.

“Richard, you are welcome to stay here tonight. In fact, I don’t think it’s a good idea for your to return home. None of you should be alone right now – not with all of you on MysTech’s radar.”

Delilah produced the keys to the 104th and 103rd floors, handing the first to Sharon who had already agreed to spend the night at Illustra, then held out her hand with the other key towards Richard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Illustra

[ Ana-Leigh objected to Rich leaving and Sharon...well she seemed to sense they were sort of kindred spirits. They both lost their families and were alone. Until now.]

You can't leave. YOU are in more danger than I am.

[ Mystech always wanted to recapture Sharon but she'd turned the tables on them with her ongoing bait & hook hunting campaign against them. But HE was not going to be able to do what she did.]

They found you once. They'll do it again.

Delilah said:
We didn’t find anything useful on the Hellfire Club. I have a lead to chase down tonight, so I think all of you should get a good night’s rest and we’ll come up with a plan tomorrow on how to get Richard’s friend back.”

She looked at Sharon.

“That is, if you’re all still with us.”

Delilah turned her chair towards the newcomer.

“Richard, you are welcome to stay here tonight. In fact, I don’t think it’s a good idea for your to return home. None of you should be alone right now – not with all of you on MysTech’s radar.”

I'm not afraid of them.

....

[ Sharon was still used to going it alone. Delilah understood WHY now BUT to Sharon's credit...she WAS responding to Delilah's kindness and concern.]

But I did agree to stay...for the night and I will...

That girl...if I hadn't left her behind that other night, she might not be captured now.

Delilah said:
Delilah produced the keys to the 104th and 103rd floors, handing the first to Sharon who had already agreed to spend the night at Illustra, then held out her hand with the other key towards Richard.

[ Sharon takes the keys to the luxury apartment on the 104th floor. She had a place to stay...the Parthenon...but tonight was different. She looked at Richard. He apparently had NO WHERE to go. Much like herself when she first escaped from the Citadle the night it was destroyed by MorningStar and Bishop.]

Take the keys and stay. At least this way we can all help save the girl together.

[ Sharon doesnt realize that itll be for MORE than this one time but no one starts out knowing their ultimate destiny.]
 
Delilah produced the keys to the 104th and 103rd floors, handing the first to Sharon who had already agreed to spend the night at Illustra, then held out her hand with the other key towards Richard.

They had all impressed upon him the idea that it was just dumb to leave tonight and Ana seemed to really want him around anyway. So he slowly took the key from Delilah's hand and nodded his thanks. Then he hesitated, then leaned in to Delilah's ear, not really wanting to say this next part aloud for everyone. This was the hardest part about having nothing AND having his powers. He was fully healed by now but...


Thanks for your help Ms. Delilah but..is there anything else to eat? I-I'll pay you back I promise.
 
Delilah was relieved that Sharon hadn’t decided to bolt since the last time they’d discussed her staying at Illustra. It was much more practical to have them all in one place – especially if they were going to mount a rescue in the morning.

Silver Swan said:
That girl...if I hadn't left her behind that other night, she might not be captured now.

Delilah scoffed at her.

“You cannot blame yourself – you had no way of knowing that that girl didn’t have a peaceful home to go to. Don’t you dare give that a second thought. We’re here to help her now, and that’s what matters.”

Delilah was grateful that Sharon helped convince Rich to stay as well. She nodded and smiled her thanks, before Rich approached her and spoke low enough for only Delilah to hear.

Richard Martin said:
Thanks for your help Ms. Delilah but..is there anything else to eat? I-I'll pay you back I promise.

She leaned into his ear.

“The fridge is fully stocked, as is the one on this level. Help yourself.”

Then she addressed them all.

“There are intercoms in all your suites – so you can contact me if you need anything. Don’t hesitate. There’s food and clean clothing in all your apartments as well. Please, make yourselves at home. And get some rest – we have a big day tomorrow.”

With that she wheeled herself to the elevator, Connor close behind.

Entering her own apartment, Delilah was exhausted. This day had felt like it lasted a week. She asked Connor to check in with Clandestine about Alycia, while she went quietly to Karen’s door so she could ask her about the Hellfire Club.

Knocking, she called out softly.

“Karen? Karen, it’s Delilah – I’m sorry, but it’s important.”

The door swung open. Delilah thought that was odd, and entered.

“Karen?”

But there was no one in the guest room.

Something was wrong, she could feel it. Logically she knew there was nothing wrong with Karen going out on her own – she was a grown woman and could take care of herself. But she had a sinking feeling in her gut. She wheeled back out into the foyer.

“Karen’s gone. Something’s wrong.”

Connor: “Maybe she went out for a drink? Or for a snack…”

Delilah was visibly agitated.

“No, I can feel it. Something terrible has happened.”

He touched her arm.

Connor: “Okay, okay – we’ll check the surveillance feed. Everything’s going to be fine. I’m sure it’s completely innocent. Maybe she’s got a boyfriend.”

He winked but Delilah shot daggers at him.

They went quickly back downstairs to the war room. Delilah had Connor pull up the feed from Delilah’s apartment to the large monitor. They saw Karen exit and go to the elevator. Connor checked the feed from the lobby, but she didn’t exit there. He flipped between the other secret floors and saw that Karen had entered the 101st floor.

“Check the time stamp.”

Connor: “It was while we were here, after the hospital.”

After five minutes, they saw Karen exit and once again take the elevator down – this time to the lobby and out the front door.

Delilah was silent a minute.

“She heard us.”

Connor: “What?”

“She heard us talking about Christopher and the Hellfire Club. That’s where she’s gone, I know it. We have to go after her.”

Delilah was already wheeling herself towards the elevator.

Connor: “We can’t-“

Delilah’s head snapped back towards him as she cut him off.

“We can’t let her go in there alone, Connor. We’re going. Get the car.”

Connor knew better than to argue, and soon they were driving further uptown to the Hellfire Club.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top